35 Hymek D7015 passing Romsey Up Yard with the 1040 Cardiff to
Portsmouth Harbour on Sunday 30th April 1972. Although
intensively used during both World Wars, the sidings were latterly used
only for storing surplus engineering wagons until closure came in the
early 80s. Nowadays the site is occupied by a small
industrial estate. The locomotive fared less well, being
withdrawn less than two months later.
SOUTHERN COUNTIES RAILWAY SOCIETY 2011 Web and newsletter content
property of Southern Counties Railway Society, or its individual
members.Material may not be reproduced without prior permission.